Sleep disorders are common and can affect anyone, irrespective of one’s social or ethnic background. Sleeping off on the job work or driving recklessly can be very stressful and dangerous. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness is a symptom that can be seen in some sleep disorders, including Obtructive Sleep Apnea, Narcolepsy and Periodic Movement Disorders.
With good sleep at night, many medical conditions can be avoided such as heart diseases, stroke, deterioration and obesity. You will also be able to improve work productivity, reuce potential workplace accidents as well as travel accidents. In fact it would improve one’s overall health and general lifestyle towards your employees.
The core objectives of the Malaysia Sleep Apnea Association are:
- To reduce Insurance & Medical claims from employees
- To reduce accidents during travel
- To reduce accidents at the workplace
- To increase productivity
- To increase health awareness and practice a healthy lifestyle
- To provide relevant information on sleep research at national and regional levels